Sunday, July 15, 2012

DIY and Reviews to come!

I FINALLY ordered my Birchbox, I've read so many good reviews of them that hopefully I'll have mine in a couple weeks and I plan to do a detailed review!


This week was my birthday and two of my friends took me to get a stress relieving treatment at Douglas J (Aveda training salon) in Royal Oak, MI.  It was great and really affordable.  I highly recommend it if you live in the area!


After the amazing massage/mini facial, we went to Joann fabrics and bought supplies to make a wreath (full details to come!), an apron (see elephant print lower down), and an awesome turquoise flannel blanket.  






(Note: coupons to Joanns, they aren't mine but often other couponers leave them in aisles on fixtures.  I always seize the opportunity to use them)


Since we decided to do a 'craft night' kind of spur of the moment, we didn't have coupons printed for Joann's.  All it took was a quick phone search for coupons (and this lovely flier) for a 50% off one item plus 20% off total purchase AND I found out Joann's does a 10% card for students and 15% card for teachers (both of which apply to me!).  



crafting on my friend's floor



(excuse the poor photo I was trying to take a picture of a picture in the store )


While trying to decide whether to make the 4th of July wreath I saw on Pinterest, I stumbled upon this idea on the package of felt.  I decided this was more multi-season (less colors) and an easy first try.  I'll update with detail instructions and pics when I finish it this week.


(in progress!)



Lots of tracing and cutting!


Today we went to the Plymouth Art Fair, I'll leave you with some cute signs we found.






Heather



No comments:

Post a Comment